Friday, April 18, 2008

The Artistic Me

A 'perasan' pic of me

Medical course is something far from what I’ve dreamed I will be taking these days. I never like medic, the nearest is biology, but if I have a choice, I wouldn’t take it as my study field. From childhood, I can see how I really keen on artistic stuff such as songs, literatures, theatres, films, paintings, designs, crafts and much more. It’s in my blood! My dad is an landscape architecture n my mom studied engineering eventhough she’s a teacher now. And…I love LOVE. Like Shakespear? You know people said artistic people tend to have much softer soul, sensitive heart. Jiwanglaa, the simple translation.

I remember in the primary school, with three other classmates, we planned on having our own album. Not picture album, but nasyid album! Seriously, we even create our own songs, share money to buy a recording cassette, and use some old toys that make noise as our music background. Sounds foolish, but that’s what we did. But sadly, the cassette disappeared and my friends keep asking on it until the end of school. In the secondary school, I wrote short stories, novels (love-stories, to be exact) and lots of poems. I can say they are not really good, but I’m proud of them and showed them to my friends for comments and critics. I’m known to my roomates as the one who’ll read her poems before sleep. Haha…did I? Can’t really remember actually, but that’s what they said.
Also, I took Pendidikan Seni in SPM because I thought it would be necessary if I want to take a design course. Funny, how I even took extra classes for Pendidikan Seni, but no extra exercise for other more crucial and vital subjects. So, suitable with my effort, I got A1 for Pendidikan Seni, but for science subjects, its dissapointing. See, nobody look at my Pendidikan Seni or Bahasa Melayu or English result because the reality is so obvious. The reality I have to swallow is that you cannot have a great future with art. Wait, cannot is a harsh word, hardly – that’s the word. You can hardly have a great future with art. But NOT impossible.


Photography & graphic design ~ I like!

I always believe we will do great if we do what we like, what we love. Until before I enter matriculation program in Melaka, I still have the dreams to do what I really like. I wanna wait for an offer from UIA on my chosen course, architecture and design, rejecting the matriculation offer. But with that kind of result, my parents don’t have faith that I will get the UIA offer. So I took biology course in KMM, based on the sense that I hate physics. I didn’t realize that I’m leaving my dream once I step on the plane that will bring me to Hasanuddin University in Makassar. I just thought I made a new dream. So there I went, in a new path, new field, and new world.


The 'fonts' I made on the back of my Geriatric textbook.


I don’t blame anybody for the lost dream. Because deep inside, I believe it’s not lost, it’s a part of me that I can’t discard. I’m still writing, still singing, I still design some advertisement for my club, I still made cards for my friend birthday with some poetic words on it, and I will keep doing it until…I don’t know…until death? Allahu’alam. =)


~IMAN NAILAH 2008~
noradrenaline2001@yahoo.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam. an interesting thought. while you're still in the studying years, you really don't realize what you want to be, though by taking medicine, you're unofficially a doctor. but what about others who take, law for instance? doesn't mean they wanted to become a lawyer, since there are other things associated to law besides being the person in the court. anyway, all the things you love doing, writing, singing, doing creative works, all that should never be forgotten. especially if you're doing medicine and it can be said there will be no time even for yourself! but insya Allah, you can keep on doing it. even if not many will appreciate it the way you do, you know that's a good thing for you. and later, you'll come to realize, the same thing goes to medicine. many said that doctors make good income, is respectable and all. but it's really what's deep inside you feels about it, not all that superficial stuff. you'll soon learn to love it. real soon, trust me :)

Anonymous said...

mak aih, pjgnye komen tuh. bila dah appear baru nampak. hahah.

Anonymous said...

thx a lot for the advice... i really hope i can b a good doctor despite of my lack of interest. I beleive it will grows with time...insyaAllah.

Anonymous said...

Sekadar berkongsi pendapat, mengikut satu kajian, katanya kebanyakan manusia di dunia ini mendapat pekerjaan yg bukan mereka impikan masa kecil.

Anonymous said...

kemain lagi asan berpendapat.. taula asan cita2 sebenar dia nk jadi pemain bola professional.. tp sbb skill tak mantap.. terpaksala kan.. hmm u can fight for your dream though.. my dream is to become an engineer and alhamdulillah.. i'm on the right track now.. tp bile dah bergelar engineer nnt.. at times, mungkin akan terasa gak this is not what i dreamt of.. kadang2.. minat kita elok dijadikan hobi instead of kerjaya.. kadang2.. kerana pressure, kita jadi terpaksa buat mende yg sebenarnya kite minat..

Anonymous said...

salam :)
tatau nak comment ape..
pasal...
tanak pk ape2 :D
ape2 pun...
selamat belajar..
ganbate neh! :D
later2 baru taip comment..
;)